Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Knight & Night



An oasis in a concrete jungle. Surely, this isn't home but feels close. Distance is not apart of the equation because we are always nine hours out of the way. I've found a prophet in their flash bulbs and every billboard invites me in. Friends? Does anyone have any in a place like this? Where the trees guide you, buildings welcoming you like family, and like a tentative lover this city will always leave a light on for you. The sky is different here, the roads leaner. A cup of coffee always ready and a cigarette light readily available. This city has become my night and my knight. Quickly saving me, gathering me up and sending me on my way, and releasing me.. always whispering, come back soon.. I'll be missing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment