Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Emerald City Turned to Coal

dark and deceptive. there once was a light that held promise and inspired hearts to beat rapidly with the affection and attraction to one another. now that very same light, that light once fueled by compassion is slicing me up. cutting at my mind and punching my soul. a light that once warmed me does not have the same effect on my cold bones. this light now shines upon me and reveals all my imperfections. all my gifts are blown apart and nothing great is worth greatness anymore and something once so strong, with a drive so smooth is forcing me to crash land along rocks and lay casted away on a beach filled with jagged rocks aimed at my limbs so that i can no longer wallow in my thoughts. false hope once wrapped so pretty now enveloping in tragic pains shootings in my atmosphere as if following the yellow brick road that somewhere down the block turned to a murky brown but you never really noticed until the emerald city was coal and the wizard was nothing but a witch in disguise. a bullet in my coffin and the pitter-patter that drums in my ears is the misfiring of my heart. lacey tragedies are suffocating me and all that seemed fair was lost in transition. love and war a battlefield of emotions and touches that all sent miscommunication to my identity. heart ship has sailed and anything relevant is now irrelevant because things have been so misread. flat lining and mesmerized by such astounding actions and sugar coated cavities that have embedded themselves within the walls of my heart, rippling throughout my entire being.



No comments:

Post a Comment