Monday, October 4, 2010

Play Chicken


mindful of feelings, yet i cannot feel a thing. glitter in my eyes and the pain has subsided. tricky little talents sucking me in gracefully, toying with my abilities. severely getting sliced, bleeding out in the most glamorous of ways. heavy heart dragging in my chest, beating a mile a minute and your words kiss my lungs, leaving me breathless. icy nerves thawed and now settle in the contours of my body, shake at the sight of you, electrify at your touch. throw me into the melting pot and watch my feelings for you sizzle. enlightened by the opposing team yet casted in the shadow. glorified questions and behaviours that just don't fit. flirting with the monster and i know ill get burned, crash and crash hard, so why do i dare play chicken with this red light.

No comments:

Post a Comment