Monday, December 12, 2011

Green Stop Sign

the syrup in this chocolate milk has got me thinking of you. the fact that this establishment is not a pit nor filled with ready made pitas has got me thinking of you. the little thunder that is touching down tonight has got me thinking of you. the thought of you alone has got me thinking about you. this song, that you've probably never even heard of, has got me thinking of you. the left over ketchup, in this packet, has got me thinking of you. for some reason, and i dont know why, but the cardboard cut out of that child star, at the drugstore, yup, it's got me thinking of you. the covers on my bed have got me thinking of you. the ink in my pen and paper in my books have got me thinking of you. the movie character, actually, the extra, in this movie, the far right of the screen, he's wearing a t-shirt and wristband, he's got me thinking of you. the random coconut in the fruit bowl, you got it, it's got me thinking, thinking of you. the video game ping, the cellphone notification sound, and the stretch of the bike tires, all got me thinking of you. the singers voice in this song have got me thinking of you too. that licence plate, that girls booger, and that cat's sneeze, got me thinking of you. the comparable story of you and i in this book i picked up to get my mind off you, has got me thinking of you. this pillow, that outfit, these flashing lights, and this highway exit, all got me thinking of you. this beach, that beach, that place, with the sand and the trees, the freezing water, and the hot showers, the bed, that one, awkwardly placed within a house of friends, late nights, all got me thinking of you. that day, on the calendar, next to your birthday, actually that whole month, and it's not even close to that month, why am i looking at the calendar and thinking of you. it's got me thinking of you. the toothpaste lid and fast food place napkins have me thinking of you. funny that the stop sign has got me thinking of you, and thinking thats exactly what we should do, but our stop sign is green, and we're going for it, sometimes anyways, and sometimes always i am thinking of you, stop go stop go, going to stop go go going to go think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment