Saturday, April 24, 2010

remember this kids,

don't be afraid. you were once a child. just because you bones have grown and you know a little more doesn't mean you have to be all grumpy. remember. remember. remember.
my beanie babies have been replaced with shoes. jackets. nylons. my colouring book has been replaced with napkins. journals. a blog. television shows like; hey arnold. rugarts. full house. have been replaced with minimal television watching, or movies of all sorts. my children's books have been replaced with authors like Ellen Hopkins. Chuck Klosterman. James Frey. my J14 has been replaces with Nylon. Vogue. LuLu. my clothes; OshKos B'Gosh, Tommy Hilfiger. Baby Gap. has been replaced with; H&M. Forever21. American Apparel. my ring pops and candy jewelry have been replaced with Betsey Johnson. vintage knickknacks. my orange rubber boots and light up sneakers have been replaced with heels sharp as knives. high top sneakers. flats. lace up boots. my school bag that one i wore on my back and then upgraded to the messenger style has been replaced with purses. clutches. saddle bags. my lip smackers has been replaced with light glosses, tints and flavours limited but welcoming. i love all these things. i like remembering all the things i've transitioned from. all the things that are still very much a part of me. i miss my overalls and silly putty days. remember all the things you gushed over. pokemon cards. pogs. lite brite. gameboy. stick on earrings. spice girl lollipops. skip its. hop scotches. cooties. VHS. go fish. temporary tattoos. blowing bubbles. swinging so high on the swing that chains would buckle. letters to santa and giving everyone a valentine's day card. remember. remember. remember. remember. remember. never never never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment