Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a Mint Julep Dream

i dreamt about mint julep last night. like buckets and buckets of it. i woke up kind of groggy like i had drunken atleast two buckets. weird. i downed a bottle of water and took my time. it's an early morning, understandable? not so understandable. mint julep still hovering just above my taste buds and i had just brushed my teeth for the third time. i asked for a second opinion. accused of being paranoid i figured it must have just been a very extreme dream, a mint julep dream, definitely odd. then i dreamed of this space, not like outer space, but like you're space that one i had pictured the other night. no signs of mint julep mind you but it was just so perfect too see. a space and unrelated mint julep. a combination my mind concocted and gave birth too that i am still picturing, while awake, mint julep dreams and an oasis so tangible and real that i don't need too sleep. a drive that has got me not drunk, but curious. mint julep and a slice of perfection. my soul has become drunk off the simple reminder of you. check me into rehab for a i feel a whole other gallon of mint julep causing my punch drunk love haze to heighten and pick up speed, thank god for no drivers licence, or this my friend, could be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment